Following in the footsteps of a successful dairy business established by Shri B. G. Chitale at Bhilawadi in the Sangli district of Maharashtra state in 1939, Shri. Raghunathrao (Bhausaheb) Chitale, his eldest son, promoted the firm of Chitale Bandhu Mithaiwale in 1950 in Pune, Maharashtra.
The firm began its operations in the heart of the Pune city at Bajirao Road and is still in existence there as a major and modern selling outlet. Eventually, one more principal outlet at Deccan Gymkhana, Pune was opened, the expansion being the brainchild of Shri. N. B. (Rajabhau) Chitale, the younger brother of Shri. Raghunathrao. The inspiration behind venturing into a dairy based food products business was of course, Shri. B. G. Chitale.